Tuesday, February 2, 2010

deep thoughts

recently i've had someone truly special come in to my life. her name is deme, she has enlightened me and had a tremendous impact in my life. and i could not be more grateful and appreciative. i love you. introducing me to having a sixth sense about seeing things in people that others may not or just will not see. a lot of past things i have encountered ties together and holds this true. some of the events in previous blogs make me truly believe this. she is an incredibly beautiful person inside and out and i am honoured to have her in my life. given me the ability to look at things in a new light, an awakening, an enlightenment, whatever you want to call it, it has truly affected me in a positive way. this ties in to my next part. as some of my twitter friends are aware i just lost a great friend. she was an incredible person with a heart of gold. she had overcome a lot in life, left a mentally and physically abusive husband, and had a great 10yr old little girl. her smile would brighten any room. sadly she had gotten sick a few months ago. this turned into a case of swine flu, and it struck her bad.. she suffered a collapsed lung, among other medical issues. her sister whom i had never met informed me when she first found out the news of the extent of her illness. Her battle and struggle had consumed her for about 3 months. During the time when the illness ran its course, she was medically induced into a coma for 10days, multiple tubes and machines hooked up to her and she also suffered a collapsed lung, among other medical issues.. Is this quality life? Not exactly, but it was her final journey in the here and now, it’s unfortunate she had to go thru it being such a great person. Why? We’ll probably never know why it happened other than her time in the flesh was up, yet her soul is now at peace and continuing on its journey. She had fought for about a week after the doctors had announced they had done all that they could do, and the decision was made to remove her from the machines that aided her struggle.

Of course I’m still saddened by this passing, however I am at peace with the situation knowing she is better off. I was on her facebook page to leave a posting last night, and I broke down into tears. I was amazed at all the people’s lives she had touched the way she did. I’m better for knowing her as she helped me to enjoy what we may take for granted on a daily basis. While she was here before she was sick I gave her a tour of the area for a couple of days and I was able to step back and appreciate the daily things even more, being able to see things I take forgranted thru new eyes. Maybe that was her final calling? To make me open up and appreciate the daily things that much more?

I realize she had been suffering for quite some time battling the swine flu, and is better off her soul is at peace. When I got the news I immediately lost it and messaged my friend I had mentioned earlier in the blog. I may have lost focus for a bit but, she helped me to regain the focus of what I already had known. That while yes my friend may have passed and its tragic, her body is at peace and her soul has moved on to its next journey. I may have lost a friend in the flesh, but I have gained an angel………rest in peace Christina

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss of someone who has impacted your life so greatly. I hope you take what she taught you and pass it on to others because by the sound of her the world lost the type of person the world needs more of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm sorry about your friends passing. But yes, she's now your angel. You are a good friend, and good things will come your way because you're a kind person.

    ReplyDelete